It was during a busy part of the school term. I used it as it was for a while (covering it up as much as is possible, but the art kids didn't even seem to notice that the table didn't really fit the otherwise light and airy studio) and waited for summer holidays to tackle the project. Not very inviting, the thought of a big sanding job, being outside in wind and weather, getting sawdust in nostrils and hair...but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, so we carried it outside and I collected my tools.
The caption on each photo will run you through the process, but all in all it took about two full days to complete the preparation and paint finish. Now this old boy is again a piece to be proud of, and a reliable, attractive essential in my studio and teaching space